About our New Mexico
JACO Outfitters, LLC offers New Mexico Exotic Hunts. In the 1970’s the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish introduced the Oryx onto the White Sands Missile Range in order to open up a new hunting opportunity for the residents of New Mexico. Since then, the New Mexico oryx population has grown to approximately 6000 animals on and off the range. JACO Outfitters, LLC offers public land hunts on the White Sands Missile Range and provides draw oryx hunts in New Mexico. Our New Mexico oryx hunting trips are three days and are glass and stalk type hunts. While the statewide success is much less, our success rate on these Oryx hunts is approximately 97%. All accommodations are provided for these hunting trips.
To hunt oryx in New Mexico, residents and nonresidents must first purchase a Game-hunting or Game-hunting and Fishing License before purchasing a Private Land-only Deer License or applying for a Deer Draw License.
New Mexico Oryx
Hunt Dates/ RATES
Premier Hunts These hunts ARE Once-In-A-Lifetime Application must be made by March 28, 2013.
Hunt Area Hunt Dates
Rhodes Canyon Oct. 5-7
Rhodes Canyon Nov. 30-Dec. 2
Rhodes Canyon Jan. 25-27, ‘13
Rhodes Canyon Feb. 22-24, ‘13
Stallion Range Sept. 21-23
Stallion Range Nov. 16-18
Stallion Range Jan. 11-13, ‘13
Stallion Range Feb. 8-10, ‘13
Rhodes Canyon Mobility Impaired Only Sept. 7-9
What is included:
- Lodging and Accommodations
- All meals during the hunt plus dinner prior to your hunt beginning
- 2x1 Fully Guided Service
- Capping of the animal for trophy preparation
- Professional Photos of your trophy
What is Not included:
State Hunting License –
- Non-Resident $365 Standard Unit
- Non-Resident $450 Quality /High Demand Units
- The client is responsible for transportation to and from hunt location
- Motel accommodations following your hunt
- Personal gear /medication / amenities
- Camouflage, boots, weather appropriate attire (lighter clothing for archery)
- Binoculars, range finder
- Choice of Weapon
- Taxidermy Fees
- If you are interested in a New Mexico exotic Hunt, please contact:
JACO Outfitters, LLC
at 575-387-2665 or 505-379-55551.
- Arrive day before hunt begins in the afternoon ~ 3:00 PM
- Check in to your accommodations
- Go to the gun range with guides to check the sites of your weapon.
- Possible drive through by the hunt area if time permits
- Dinner the day prior to the hunt beginning / Continental Breakfast each morning
- Guides pick you up then it's off to go hunting
- Lunch provided each day of the hunt
- Dinner following each days hunt
Oryx License Fees
License fees for all hunts except Private Land Hunts
Resident $161 Nonresident $1,630
*** WSMR charges a $150 access fee per hunter for all hunts taking place on the Range.
All Premier and Returning Iraq/Afghanistan Resident Veterans-only oryx hunts are once-in-a-lifetime hunts.